Thursday, September 23, 2010

Miranda Lambert, "The House That Built Me"

   This week I'm writing about the country music star Miranda Lambert and her recent song, "The House That Built Me". Miranda was born November 10, 1983 in Longview, Texas. She became famous by going Nashville Star. She won third place on the show. Later on, she received a record deal with Epic Records. She made her debut with her song, "Me and Charlie" on her 2007 album called Kerosene. This album went platinum in the United States. This album also had songs like, "Bring Me Down", "Kerosene", and "New Strings". All of these singles, were in the Top 40 on the Billboard Top Country Songs.

   For her second album , Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, she transferred to Columbia Records. This album came out in 2007 and the singles on this album include, "Famous In A Small Town", "Gunpowder & Lead", and "More Like Her". All of these singles were Top 20 hits. In July 2008, "Gunpowder & Lead" became her first Top 10 country hit.

   Her third and newest album, Revolution, was released in September 2009. The album includes the songs, "White Liar", "Only Prettier", "Dead Flowers", and "The House That Built Me". Her song, "The House That Built Me", was her first number one hit and it was on top for four weeks. I personally love the songs, "Only Prettier" and "Dead Flowers. They are a couple of my favorite songs right now. I recently watched her CMT Invitation Only Concert and i really liked her songs so i started buying them on Itunes and I'm loving her music more and more each day.

   I picked this song because it's talking about a life experience that happen and changed her life. I think everyone has at least one life experience that changes their life. I know I have had many. Such as my parents getting divorced, moving into new houses, get new dogs, having people die that were important to me, and just going through many changes as I get older. I'm sure many people could relate to me and to others. In the song, she talks about how this house has her whole childhood in or around it. Her hand prints are on the front steps, the little bedroom in the corner is where she did her homework and learned to play guitar, and her favorite dog is buried under the live oak. I have lived in the same house with my dad since my parents got divorced, so I can totally relate to what Miranda is saying. I remember the changes that happen to my house over the years. The living room has been rearranged and has new furniture, my room doesn't have the same bed that it did when i was three, the carpet and color of the walls aren't the same, and my brother doesn't live down the hall anymore. It's weird to remember all those times, but i remember them like it was yesterday. Going through life, you have things that change your life. They might be good or bad, they might impact your life forever or for a few months, and sometimes you might not even notice it's putting a impact on you. But I know everyone had that one experience that changed everything, or at least a lot. Miranda was very smart about writing this song because many of her fans could relate, including me. I enjoy this song a lot, mostly because i love her voice. If you don't know Miranda Lambert then you should try to get to know her. You should check out her website and her videos on YouTube. Shes an amazing country music singer. She's definitely one of the best in my eyes. So don't hesitate to see what shes all about, you'll love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment