Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tim McGraw, "My Little Girl"

   This week I'm writing about Tim McGraw and his song, "My Little Girl". The name he was born with is Samuel Timothy McGraw, on May 1, 1967 in Louisiana. When he was little, he loved to play competitive sports like baseball. Little did he know, his biological father was a professional athlete. On a baseball scholarship, he attended University Of Louisiana at Monroe. In college, he learned to play the guitar. He would perform and sing for tips. When his hero, Kit Whitley, died Tim dropped out of college to pursue a music career in Nashville.
 
   In 1990, Tim got a record deal with Curb Records. Two years later, he had his major hit, "Welcome To The Club" on his self-titled debut album. His second album, "Not A Moment Too Soon", won him CMT Award for Album of the Year and Top New Male Vocalist. In 1995, he released his third album called "All I Want". Two million copies were sold for this album and reached the top 5 on the Billboard 500. The song "I Like It, I Love It" and "Cant Be Really Gone went to number one of the country charts. In 1996, Tim had the most successful country tour of the year. His supporting act was Faith Hill, who broke off her engagement to Scott Hendricks to date Tim. They married October of 1996 and has had three daughters since then. In 1997, Tim came out with another album called "Everywhere". It reached number two on the album charts and sold four million copies. "Everywhere" won Album Of The Year at the CMT Awards. In 1999, he released "A Place In The Sun", his fifth album.  It had many chart-topping singles like, "Please Remember Me", "Something Like That", "My Best Friend", and "My Next Thirty Years".  In 2000, he released his "Greatest Hits" album, it sold six million copies. Then he went out on the Soul2Sould Tour, which I attended in Indianapolis, IN, with Faith Hill. In the next years, he produced his other albums, like "Set This Circus Down", "Live Like Your Dying", and "Let It Go", and "Southern Voice".

   Tim has been extremely successful with his music. But not only has he became famous with his music, he's also appeared in movies. In 2004, he stared in Black Cloud and Friday Night Lights. He was nominated for  Best Male Breakthrough Performance at the MTV Movie Awards. In 2006, he played Rob McLaughlin in Flicka, a very good movie. He was nominated for Critics Choice Award for Best Song, "My Little Girl". Also a good and funny movie, he played Dallas in Four Christmases in 2008. Then, in 2009, he played in the movie, The Blind Side, a movie based on the true story of Michael Oher.  His recent movies that he's stared in, is Dirty Girl and Country Strong. I think he's quite talented in acting for it not being his career.
  
   I picked this song to write about my life and memories with my Dad. My parents got divorced when I was around two. I have had different living arrangements over the years. But my dad has always been in my life. He always took my brother and I to church on Sundays. He did everything by himself, and he still does. It's sorta weird that neither of my parents are married again, because most likely that always happens. I remember him showing me how to build a Christmas tree and all those memories at Christmas time. I always was excited because "Santa" came to both of my houses. I remember him teaching me how to fish and helped me caught my first fish, and I was so excited. Then all those nights when he would make warm milk so I could go to sleep. I'm sure he just loved doing that. Also, he has lived in the same house so its cool to think about how different his house has changed since I moved in when I was two. I remember putting the powerpuff girls sheets and stickers on my wall and all those different themes like that. It seems so weird thinking about how many memories I have had with him. He has always been there for me when I needed him. Now, I'm growing up and things are changing so much. He will soon be helping me buy a car, he is getting use to me having a boyfriend, and of course don't forget, he has to put up with my teenage attitudes. But I don't think he cares too much. I know he does remember one thing, how I grew up so fast. But this isn't the beginning of growing up. There are so many more things to come! So, to all those dad's out there, enjoy your little girl because shes not little for long. If you don't know Tim McGraw, then check him out on YouTube or his personal website. He's awesome and has great music!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment